Design time support for silverlight projects split into multiple xaps

Mar 15, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a silverlight 4 project that uses Prism 4, MEFedMVVM and CinchV2.  The three frameworks have provided me with all the functionality that I need in my project thus far.

One area I have struggling with is getting MEFedMVVM to attach a view model to a view in Blend 4.  The reason I believe it is not working is because the view I am try to design in Blend resides in a separate XAP.  The bootstrapper code on my shell project does not process the imports/exports of the separate XAP until it is downloaded on-demand during runtime.  I've come across a couple articles on the web that state that MEFedMVVM can attach view models successfully in this project architecture. However, I have not been able to get it to work.  

Has anyone been able to make this work?

Thanks,

May 3, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Hi! 

Did you manage to resolve this? I'm facing the same issue (in my case, the viewmodel is trying to import a service that exists in a different assembly (Which is not reference by the viewmodel's assembly). I noticed that if I add the reference to the assembly, MEFedMVVM is (naturally) able to resolve this. Looks like we need to find a way to add assemblies to the MEFed catalog.

Please let me know if you figured this out.

thanks,

Priya