Problems with recent source zips

Aug 31, 2010 at 8:49 PM

The Demo program will not work in all recent source posts.  I have an old zip MEFedMVVMDemo.zip dated 7/30, with 17MB which works
With all the recent ones the MainWindow comes up without any MEF views showing. 
The error in the Output window is:

Error while resolving ViewModel. System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at MEFedMVVM.ViewModelLocator.MEFedMVVMExportProvider.<GetExportsCore>d__8.MoveNext() in C:\Projects\MEFedMVVM2\MEFedMVVMDemo\MEFedMVVM\ViewModelLocator\MEFedMVVMExportProvider.cs:line 37
   at MEFedMVVM.ViewModelLocator.MEFedMVVMResolver.GetViewModelByContract(String vmContractName, Object contextToInject) in C:\Projects\MEFedMVVM2\MEFedMVVMDemo\MEFedMVVM\ViewModelLocator\MEFedMVVMResolver.cs:line 50

Is there a procedure or some dependencies needed to get the demo program to function?  I could not find any instructions on that subject.

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Can you send me a repo project so I can have a look please?

Aug 31, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Its straight from codeplex.

Pull 60076 from http://mefedmvvm.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

Either click 60076 or Download to get the latest source.

Unpack to a directory and clean then build

Builds with no errors.

But when run I get the behavior I described.

Bob G.

Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:34 PM
To: Garrett, Bob - IS
Subject: Re: Problems with recent source zips [MEFedMVVM:225524]

Can you send me a repo project so I can have a look please?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEFedMVVM@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MEFedMVVM@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I do not get this issue.... strange.... mmm... do you have Blend installed?

Sep 1, 2010 at 1:49 PM

I do not have a license for Expression Blend

So when I tried to use MEFedMVVM it would not build.

After a lot of googling I found that I could install the “Microsoft Expression Blend 3 SDK” to get the dll’s I needed

Now it builds but does not work.

Do I have to have the license?

Bob G.

Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:48 PM

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEFedMVVM@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MEFedMVVM@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
Coordinator
Sep 1, 2010 at 3:31 PM
nope... the issue must be something else... problem is I cannot reproduce it and to tell you the truth no one ever raised this issue 

Regards
Marlon
WPF Blog - http://marlongrech.wordpress.com/
Microsoft MVP for Client App

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 2:49 PM, DancingMan <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

After a lot of googling I found that I could install the “Microsoft Expression Blend 3 SDK” to get the dll’s I needed

Bob G.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Only other interesting thing I can tell you is that I was unpacking the zips into the same location on my machine. 

I would rename the old one and unpack the new one into the same location. 

Wondered if this might be confusing VS 10 or the way that MEFedMVVM finds the MEF components. 

Bob G.

Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 10:32 AM

nope... the issue must be something else... problem is I cannot reproduce it and to tell you the truth no one ever raised this issue

Regards
Marlon
WPF Blog - http://marlongrech.wordpress.com/
Microsoft MVP for Client App

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 2:49 PM, DancingMan <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Bob G.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com