Discussion on new Features

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2010 at 8:15 PM

if you have any suggestions for new features please put them here

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:45 PM

A Logging Service that can use different providers like Log4Net or NLog

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:48 PM

A Theme Service where it should be possible to add new themes in Extensions folder as assemblies.

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:50 PM

A LocalizationService where it should be possible to add new localizations in Extensions folder as assemblies.

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Implement some AOP functionallity into this  framework that works against the exported services, like logging, validation etc.

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Maybe some nice to have Behaviours and Actions. A good one is Laurent Bugnion's EventToCommand behavior

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Item Templates and Project Templates

Jun 8, 2010 at 10:04 PM

I'm not sure if i'ts already in there but how do we create multithreaded applications? Laurent Bugnion has his DispatcherHelper class

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2010 at 12:08 AM
yes I have that already ... IDispatcherService

Regards
Marlon
WPF Blog - http://marlongrech.wordpress.com/
Microsoft MVP for Client App

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 10:04 PM, pcedendahl <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I'm not sure if i'ts already in there but how do we create multithreaded applications? Laurent Bugnion has his DispatcherHelper class

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MEFedMVVM@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MEFedMVVM@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2010 at 12:10 AM

MEFedMVVM has an IDispatcherService that does the same as DispatcherHelper.... it goes a step further since its an interface you can easily mock it.

with Regards to EventToCommand, not too sure that is something MEFedMVVM will be doing, yet having said that I will consider it as well.

AOP is on the way :)

Item Templates on the way.

LocalizationService still experimenting with the idea.

Logging Service coming up.

Jun 9, 2010 at 5:54 AM
How do I use that??

Best regards,

Patrik Cedendahl,
System Developer
Sandvik IT Services AB
SE-811 81 Sandviken, SWEDEN

Office Phone: +46 26 262997
Mobile: +46 70 2728110
http://www.sandvik.com
patrik.cedendahl@sandvik.com

This e-mail is confidential and it is intended only for the addressees. Any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail and delete the message from your system. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which may arise as a result of the e-mail transmission.

Jun 9, 2010 at 6:00 AM
This will be like waiting for Christmas Eve!!!
Will be fun seeing all this in the framework. Hope you get time to do it fast because I need it in my new project I will start now.

Keep up the good work!

Best regards,

Patrik Cedendahl,
System Developer
Sandvik IT Services AB
SE-811 81 Sandviken, SWEDEN

Office Phone: +46 26 262997
Mobile: +46 70 2728110
http://www.sandvik.com
patrik.cedendahl@sandvik.com

"marlongrech" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote on 2010-06-09 01:10:55:

> "marlongrech"
>
> From:
>
> "marlongrech" <notifications@codeplex.com>
>
> To:
>
> patrik.cedendahl@sandvik.com
>
> Cc:
>
> Date:
>
> 2010-06-09 01:10
>
> Subject:
>
> Re: Discussion on new Features [MEFedMVVM:215371]
>
> From: marlongrech
> MEFedMVVM has an IDispatcherService that does the same as
> DispatcherHelper.... it goes a step further since its an interface
> you can easily mock it.
> with Regards to EventToCommand, not too sure that is something
> MEFedMVVM will be doing, yet having said that I will consider it as well.
> AOP is on the way :)
> Item Templates on the way.
> LocalizationService still experimenting with the idea.
> Logging Service coming up.
>
> Read the full discussion online.
> To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (
> MEFedMVVM@discussions.codeplex.com)
> To start a new discussion for this project, email
> MEFedMVVM@discussions.codeplex.com
> You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this
> discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings
> on codePlex.com.
> Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any
> posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

This e-mail is confidential and it is intended only for the addressees. Any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail and delete the message from your system. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which may arise as a result of the e-mail transmission.

Jul 15, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I am actually using MeffedMVVM in my own MVVM framework called Cinch to great effect, you may want to have a look : cinch.codeplex.com, though I have an oustanding issue which I will fix this weekend, which is currently stopping the SL demo project running right now, though as I say that will be fixed this weekend.

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:03 AM

I am really excited about Cinch V2 and MEFedMVVM coming together. I think that Sacha's and your decision on separating concerns is the way to go. Meaning MEFedMVVM supports any MVVM framework but, among the other things, one of the best ones out of the box.

In that sense continuing with the separation of concerns and eliminating duplication of code (even if it is just the choice between DelegateCommand and SimpleCommand) is the path that I would like to see continue.

Some of the great Cinch V1 and V2 classe are, IMO, not even the 'proper' MVVM but are very general, modern .NET development helper classes.

Ok. I should stop talking so much about Cinch and MEFedMVVM integration and focus on MEFedMVVM.

An equivalent of Unity app.config file based configuration is what I would like see added. I would like to see run-time, design-time and test-time services (and also ViewModels) nicely spelled out in config file and system hooked up based on that configuration. MEF is so generic that I'm afraid this functionality won't come from that side. 

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:41 AM
Edited Jul 28, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I think that a localization service is a must.

By the way, Marlon, do you think MEFedMVVM can work in Windows Phone 7 Silvelight version?  I didn't try yet, and I'm sure we'll need it in the near future.

Regards,

Marcos

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2010 at 11:53 AM
I never tried it myself on Windows Mobile 7 but there is a guy that managed to convert it. He was using a MEF Version for Windows Mobile from Glenn Block
Oct 17, 2010 at 9:48 PM

thumbs up for the localization service!

Apr 17, 2011 at 3:09 AM

It would be interesting to see what is possible with silverlight 5's new custom markup extensions

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2011 at 6:54 AM

indeed... some of the stuff I did not do with custom markup extension to keep WPF and SL equal. I just hope that it will work like WPF even though I heard that they are very different 

May 20, 2011 at 9:24 AM

I tried to write some things until I realized that MarkupExtensions for SL5 beta do not work in DesignMode unfortunately.

Jun 1, 2011 at 7:56 PM

A UnitTesting service type would be very useful.

Jun 1, 2011 at 10:28 PM

A NuGet package for the current and future beta versions would be great as well!

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2011 at 11:26 AM

its now on NuGet. Thanks to Bryan Shiffman